Work In Canada
Do you want to work in Canada? Are you looking for a student job?
Nearly 100,000 foreign workers come to Canada to work temporarily every year because of Canadian skill shortages.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) are the regulatory bodies for foreign workers in Canada. They also oversee the issuance of work visas and work permits for Canada.
Foreign workers are welcome in Canada since these workers support economic growth in Canada, thereby increasing opportunities for all Canadians.
However, you must have a valid work permit to work in Canada.
These are the steps for the application of a work permit:
(1) A Canadian employer must offer you a job.
(2) The Canadian HRSDC must give a positive market opinion of your job offer. Nevertheless, there are some jobs in Canada that are exempt from this aspect of the work visa application process.
(3) After the HRSDC confirms that you can fill the job, you apply to the CIC in Canada for your work permit.
(4) In order to receive your Canadian work permit, you must file an application for work permit, which of course needs to be approved by the authorities.
(5) Please note that anyone who wants to come to live in Canada as a permanent resident based on work skills or experience may be qualified to apply to the Skilled Worker Program.
(6) Also note that some foreign workers may do certain jobs in Canada without a permit.
(7) Temporary workers must also meet the requirements that apply to all temporary residents in order to come to work in Canada.